Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We have great pleasure to invite you to participate in the second LTA-UITP Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition (SITCE) 2016, organised jointly by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore, the International Association of Public Transport (UITP) and LTA’s subsidiary, MSI Global Pte Ltd.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has estimated that 44 million people are added to Asia’s urban population every year. 80% of the new economic growth will be generated in its urban economies where most jobs and employment are located. To provide sustainable urban transport solutions, huge investments are needed. The World Bank, ADB and the newly established Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will help finance the investment in infrastructure in different Asian countries. Established economies in north-east Asia as well as Australia will also continue to invest in enhancements of their urban transport systems.
Themed "Innovating Transport for Liveable Cities", SITCE 2016 will focus on innovative solutions for urban transport systems that make our cities a better place to live, work and play.
Singapore is globally recognised for advancing high standards in urban transport. As a knowledge hub, it is a well-placed springboard to business prospects in the region. As a host, Singapore offers a wide range of innovative projects and initiatives:
- The High Speed Rail (HSR) connecting Singapore with Kuala Lumpur and a Singapore’s terminus at the planned second city centre at Jurong East.
- Doubling of the metro-lines to 360 km by 2030. This includes a 43 km new metro line by 2024, additional 3 lines, several major extensions, 100 new trains to and system upgrading of existing lines.
- The open tendering of bus services and 1,000 additional buses above the regular replacements.
- The Sentosa gateway road tunnel system, the widening of the Pan-Island Expressway, Keppel viaduct expansion and road projects.
- 700 km of new cycling paths, 7 new integrated transport hubs, walkway projects, etc.
- The next generation Electronic Road Pricing (ERP 2) system, test-fields for smart mobility, autonomous vehicles and systems.
SITCE 2016 will showcase the latest achievements. We invite all members, partners, suppliers, policy-makers, academics, practitioners and friends of the urban transport community to join us at SITCE 2016 on 19-21 October 2016 at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre for an exciting week.